Friday, April 29, 2011

Dollie Time!

   Because school is almost over I've had a little time here and there to work on a few projects. My Puki Puki Pig came in yesterday. I need to get some putty for his eyes so that I can take some proper pix of him.

But for now, BOX OPENING!

The Box




Here vee see zeh elusive 'Big-Mouthed Goth'. She is dumb and likes dolls. Keep your dolls out of reach of her mouz!

I'm finally finishing up Tomoe. Her paint is coming along very nicely. I just need to seal it after a few final touches.



When I was rooting Maureen I cam across a little problem.


There's a weird....plug of hair that the menufacturer rooted into her forehead. I have no idea why, it's just weird. I was going to just keep it and keep that piece swept to the side, then I got The Cramps stuck in my head.



Who needs Iggy Pop when we had Lux Interior(RIP) and Poison Ivy? Anyway, with those songs and similar running through my mind I was hit with a bolt of inspiration(that's my story and I'm sticking to it)! If I did Maureen's hair in a Rockabilly style(with the Bride of Frankenstein stripe) I could stille give her retro/vintage looks, but also some wilder styles. So I commenced with the rooting after mapping it out as above.

Horrible lighting is horrible! ;p
         So, my Maureen O'Hara inspired doll is coming along nicely, but she will have a Rockabilly rather than just a Retro twist. I still need to repaint her, but I think that if I didn't have skill, she would still look nice with her original paint. Her hair is not done, by any means! I just have it kind of put in place for the time being until I can curl the ends so that they cascade around her shoulders.
   So there are my dolls that I've been playing with lately. And you can see why I need to buy a better camera, 3.2 MP is just not enough! Plus, I need more lights and maybe a lightbox, as well. I just found a place that sells a decent sized one for only $40.

No comments:

Post a Comment