Saturday, May 21, 2011

HAPPY RAPTURE, EVERYONE!!! ^_^

See? I can be supportive of other people's beliefs! ;p

What this post is really about is my frustration with the fact that suddenly Hawking, one of the most brilliant minds of our time, is on the shit list of every 'believer' just because of his beliefs. I don't believe in an afterlife, either. That's why I value the loved ones so much. That is why I grieve so whole-heartedly when one of my loved ones dies. I don't comfort myself with illusions to make life easier. I loved my cat, Jacques Cousteau, more than I have ever loved another animal. I still grieve for him on occasion because I am pretty secure in the knowledge that I will not be seeing him again. I have worn my Grandmother's ashes in the locket around my neck for the last few years in a vain, and silly, attempt to be close to what remains of who and what she was. I will not be with her again. She is not waiting to be reunited with me when I die.

Why isn't it okay for people to believe in nothingness? Strange that people who refuse to believe in illusions are the ones who are looked at as crazy in these supposedly 'enlightened' times. Opiate of the masses....I refuse their drug of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment