Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dolly Catch Up!!! And other stuff...

Man...I almost feel BAD for the post I'm about to make because it's the middle of February and Xmas is still going on! And it's not done yet! It does, indeed, feel awkward knowing that we are becoming some of the 'haves' after being 'have nots' for most of my life. No longer do I have to pass up awesome new things(like that sweeeet new bow & arrow set from X-toys) because of a budget that lets us barely scrape by on a good month. I am overjoyed! Not just for the materialistic, but the kids are doing so awesome in school and my relationship with the Hubz just seems to get better each year. To say that life is good would be a gross understatement. Anyway, on to the dolls:

Got almost all of the Monster High Dolls from the original series.

Plus a couple for my daughter(the Dawn of the Dance 'Clawdeen' and the Frankie Stein sitting down in front). And check this out, the little 'icoffin' phone from the green-haired Clawdeen:

A body for my Xena doll.

Slight update for Tomoe:
Also got a necklace for Tomoe, but I forgot to snap a pic of it, lol.
Xmas haul so far. I forgot to put my new pastels(they are FABU! I patch tested them(koh-i-noor extra soft pastels) on my Unoa yesterday.) and paints in the pic, but oh well!


The Glitter brush set from e.l.f. I've never bought MAC brushes, but these things are a humongous step up from every other make up brush I have ever purchased.

Various boots/feet that I've been buying lately. At this rate I shouldn't run oput for a good long while!

L to R: Ebz(Cy Girl Ebony) holding my TTL Auburn head, Xena on the Alpha modded to a small bust with the medium-heeled Alpha feet, Triad's 03 female head on their large busted Alpha(temporarily) with the alpha high heeled feet, HT Obama and a second Eva to make Gabrielle(for Xena).

And finally....Shaak has feet!

I'm gonna have to get a stand for Shaak. She balances fine in some poses, in others...not so much. You can clearly see her leaning against the door here.

My Puki Pig has yet to arrive along with the big ornate buttons for my winter coat(hey, it's not over yet!) and the boatload of toyokalon hair I bought from Doctored Locks. Got the nifty bow from Xtoys, a perfect body redhead HS to make my Maureen O'Hara custom, just ordered the Triad Pissed-off Brunette HS for my Tura Satana custom. So sad, but Tura was literally as bad ass in real life as she was in 'Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!' Such a fun movie. I also got a few odds & ends from Storerooms. They have this tiny knife that looks almost exactly like the Gerber Easy-Out I used to carry(it's even serrated).

School's turning out to be kinda fun. I honestly didn't expect it to be. I really like my English Composition class, Psych is interesting and I'm doing surprisingly well in Math! Math is a subject I've always loathed. But I have a solid grasp on what we are learning and it doesn't seem so scary.

I think I missed a test in Psych today. Our best man's father died and they had the funeral today(on our 8th anniversary, woo-freakin-hoo, depressing much?). Poor guy. He's a nice guy, but he always hooks up with psycho-hosebeasts somehow. *shakes head*

Yeah, life is awesome despite a few sad instances.

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment