Monday, March 15, 2010

A girl and her horse....

Yesterday was my nieces birthday and it was a lot of fun to get all the kids together. It's also good practice for my kids to learn to interact with people in the real world and great family time as well. ^_^

Anyway, my sister hands me a big purple ShareBear(carebear) since her daughter's growing out of liking carebears. I also see a HUGE white horse that's headed to the trash bin cuz of a crack down the middle of her(split from her rear nearly to her shoulders *ouch*). I pick her up, examine the crack and ask Dear Sis if I may also take the horse home. Sis & niece are happy to be rid of the 'broken' horse.

When we get home and get the kids in bed I start fiddling with the horse and see that the reason she won't pop back into place is that one of her inside pegs was skewed the the side a bit(My sister's & cousin's kids had taken to riding it down the hall and that's how it got broken). So...out come my trusty needle nose pliers and I ever so gently-but-firm bend the peg into place and she comes together a little! I put a rolled blanket under the horse and apply gentle-firm pressure to both sides of her until she is just about good as new and now I have this:



Giving Blue a ride.



Needless to say I LOOOOOOOVE this horse!!!!! Sure, she needs to be wiped down with some acetone and probably some sandpaper before I repaint her & buy her new hair, but SHE WAS FREE! And you can't beat that with a stick!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pickup! One person's trash is always a doll person's treasure, lol! Funny how sometimes it's such a simple fix. That horse is going to love you forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I think that I will be the one loving her forever! It's probably the closest I'll ever come to owning a horse.

    ReplyDelete