So unfortunately, yesterday was a disaster. The day before yesterday my Aunt S. had sat down with my grandfather and talked about what he's gonna do with everything that Grandma had labeled(there are actual nametags on some things in her handwriting) and the rest of the stuff she willed to different. people. The eviction date is drawing nearer and he still hasn't done anything about the will. So when they talked he told her to tell my mother to go ahead and come down and get her stuff since this will be the only time before he has to move that they can take off from there jobs in Dallas and come down to deal with the will stuff.
Yesterday when they show up granpa acts like they are there to rob him blind and calls one of my uncles and one of my cousins to gaurd the house like they're going to barge right in and start grabbing stuff! Then he proceeds to tell them that he can't do it today, it's a bad day he doesn't want to right now. Even though he knows that my mother won't be able to come back down before he moves he wants to pull this stupid bullshit at the last minute? It's been long enough since Grandma passed and he's only got a limited amount of time to get this stuff done. My uncle is going to get a fucking earful from ME today after calling my mom a bitch. The big baby couldn't even go see his dying mother in the hospital. I was the one calling his stupid ass, "Where are you? Grandma's crying because she thinks you don't love her since you haven't been up to see her. When are you coming to see Grandma? She's dying!" He wouldn't even call her on the phone.
I got what I wanted. I have some of Grandma. My Aunt made no bones about giving my mother & I some of her ashes. I don't give a crap about whatever is supposed to go to me.
ETA~ I talked to my cousin Amber who's actually been talking to Grandpa and actually knows what the hell is going on! So after I talked to her there were quite a few things that were cleared up. So tempers are no longer flaring(from me, anyway) and as soon as I get Grandpa's number I'm going to be checking in on him. Hell, I may even help Amber clean out his house so she's not stuck doing it my herself! That's a monumental task!
Huzzah for cleared up freakin' drama!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment