Sunday, May 23, 2010

Security...I wants it...

So about a week ago my husband and I were arguing about whether or not his job is going to pan out for the long run and us being a one-income family. It almost looks like they may be preparing to close the store where he's currently working. :/

We were also discussing home ownership and the fact that it's extremely unlikely that the job my husband has will ever allow us to own our own home. So we talked about what I could do and I'll admit that at first I was a bit terrified thinking that there's no way that I'd be able to support the whole family by myself. I was looking at Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting and I kept reading about how you could make so much more with Nursing. So I talked to a couple of people and decided to talk to some of the people up at the local college. Things are looking good. I have to fill out some financial aid stuff online Monday, but I'm kinda excited!

I should be able to afford a modest house in about 6 years? I really want to own a house one day. I so hate renting other people's property! My own house, a teeny veggie garden in the back, my kids screaming and chasing each other 'round my own house, my huby baking in the kitchen(with his own little island), a dog laying at my feet wagging her tail, a cat sneezing in the sunlight, a tarantula named Rollo....maybe, lol. Money in the bank for retirement, for a rainy day, SECURITY!

FREEDOM!

Nursing may be a little hard, but my future, and that of my family, is worth a little(or a lot) of hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment